Re: "Exotic" Jewish Music

>While on the subject of "Exotic" music, check out some of the great and even
>sensual Yiddish tangos, definitely "Exotic."

Was that a little prompt to me Simon?

I was wondering if I wanted to bring up the tangos as exotic.  All depends on
where you are coming from, I guess.  Maybe my favorite and most exotic
because of the secular/ religious cross over are the modern chasidic tangos I
have come by.  All the way from .... Brooklyn.

I have a copy of a tango -- it is in fact La Cumparsita (probably the most
famous Argenitine tango) -- performed by a Russian pianist as a strident
march.  I picked up the vinyl at KlezKamp one year, and it doesn't even have
an artist's name on it -- just called Songs of a Russian Emigrant.  The song
is called Argentine dance or something like that.

Other than that, my next favorite in the exotic category is a tango in French
and Arabic, and 100% Jewish (though not Yiddish)  -- called Mchate Aliye,
sung by Rene Perez.

Jenny