Re: need help with recording credits and more

Steven M. Singer wrote:
Also, I have the recording, "The Very Best Of Israel" (green album with a

> big ORANGE on the cover), and I'm looking for any information anyone might
> have regarding the recording/publisher credits of the rendition of "Tzena"
> on that recording.  The name of the group, composer, year, etc... would be
> helpful.

You can't attempt to copyright an arrangement in the hopes of claiming writer
credits.
An arrangement itself cannot be copyright unless the song in question is
already in the Public Domain.  Then you can attach your name to it.

The original composers of "Tzena, Tzena, Tzena" as stated on the 78 rpm Decca
record by the Weavers (c.1950)
are: Ross and (Gordon) Jenkins.

"Tzena, Tzena, Tzena" was the the actual A Side of the record containing the
world shlager, "Goodnight, Irene", released  just after  the death of it's
creator,
American music legend, Lead Belly.

Gordon Jenkins was associated with other "Jewish" recordings
as a producer, arranger and orchestra leader.  I would hazard
to say the copyright is still active.

Bob Wiener must have every version of this song in his collection.

Wolf