    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of goldstar
    Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 3:51 PM
    To: World music from a Jewish slant
    Subject: Pearls

    Dear Friends,

    I have received a good response thus about "The Way Within", a
documentary focused on teens and their reaching back to their cultural
heritage.

    I am still looking for an ongoing program in your Shetl and would like
to find a mentor who has inspired teens throughout the year. The program
will be seen through the eyes of a teen and they will be part of the actual
production process. The program may have been started by a teenager and
mentored by an adult. There are many possibilities. This is your story.  The
only requirement is that the program  shimmers with love, and tradition.

    Is there anyone involved with the building of Klezmer instuments,
researching the history and performing as a group to communities?

    Is there an inter-generation process involved-- granparents parents,
Survivors of the Holocaust that are part of your program?

    I would like to find my program within a week or so that the actual
research can take place.

    I am happy to hear from the teens, facilitators or mentors involved with
the program. If you know of a contact around the country please specify. I
will call or write after I hear from individuals on or off the list.

    Talk Soon,

    Janice Harrison

    PS. I heard that there is a gentlemen on the list that makes Klezmer
instruments in his basement--its a Broombass I think. Who is this person and
does he mentor kids.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->