Re: leonard cohen

Robert,

The sources for my excerpts were the following internet sites:

1. The Leonard Cohen Conference quotation was found at
http://nebula.simplenet.com/cohen/frame.html
search for CANADIAN POETRY.
Here is more of the contents:
THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE LEONARD COHEN CONFERENCE
                "SINGER AS LOVER, RECONSIDERED"
 The contents of this book are now available at the following URL:
 http://www.arts.uwo.ca/canpoetry/cpjrn/vol33/Vol33index.htm
This book contains the proceedings of the Leonard Cohen Conference at
the Red Deer College on October 22-24, 1993. Edited by E.F. Dyck.
Canadian Poetry series, no. 33, Fall/Winter,1993.
ISSN 0704-5646. Published by the University of Western Ontario,
Canada, 1993. 131pages, paperback.

The book is available from Department of English, University of
Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7, Canada. Price USD 7,95 +
postage.

You can also order it on-line at
http://www.arts.uwo.ca/canpoetry/cpjrn/vol33/Vol33index.htm

Contents:
  Introduction by E.F. Dyck
  Keynote address: The Counterfeiter Begs Forgiveness, by Stephen
Scobie

On the Novel:
  Writing Around the Holocaust: Uncovering the Ethical Centre of
Beautiful Losers, by Norman Ravvin
  The Telephone Dance & Mechanical Ecstasy in Leonard Cohen's
Beautiful Losers, by Nicole Markotic
  Beyond Mummy and the Machinery: Leonard Cohen's Vision of Male
Desire in Beautiful Losers, by Paul Nonnekes

On the Poetry:
  The Mistress' Reply to the Poet, by Joan Crate
  How postmodern is Cohen's poetry? by Clint Burnham
  Re-membering the Love Song: Ambivalence and Cohen's "Take This
Waltz" by Charlene Diehl-Jones
  Interior Landscapes and the Public Realm: Contingent Mediations in a
Speech and a Song by Leonard Cohen, by Winfried Siemerling
  Cohen's Noos by Fred Wah

Keynote address:
  Ten or More Questions I Should Have Asked Leonard Cohen by Ira B.
Nadel Reading Leonard Cohen: Reprise, by Birk Sproxton

The conference at the Arts Centre of the Red Deer College was an
international and interdisciplinary celebration of Cohen's
contributions to fiction, drama, poetry, music, dance and performance.
Red Deer is about 80 miles from Calgary.

The Conference offered keynote speakers (Stephen Scobie and Ira B.
Nadel), eight prominent speakers, concert of Cohen's songs (several
artists, including Perla Batalla), Cohen Coffeehouse and the world
premiere of "The New Step", a play published in "Flowers for Hitler",
performed by the students of the college.

2. STORY WITH NO MORAL
http://nebula.simplenet.com/cohen/frame.html
search for all the following words "mulet ff paris" to get there.
Apparently from a periodical published in Paris, France which did a
special on Leonard Cohen including a few articles, all on the website
page above.  Contact information is on the page above.  I would guess
that the original French was translated by Keith Campbell for the
website, The Leonard Cohen Files.

3. PROPHET OF THE HEART
Again, use the above link,
http://nebula.simplenet.com/cohen/frame.html
search for "prophet of the heart" and click on "Prophet of the Heart"
to see what I saw.

Bob