Re: Phish Thread- Al Kol Aileh

I'm kind of new to this stuff myself, but far as I can tell, MA is a (in
his crowd) very famous Egyptian composer/singer who was in prominence
through the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Also, I posted to the list:

>And sometime while I was off at work Robert asked:
>
>>Eliezer,
>>
>>Can you tell us which song served as the basis of "Al Kol Aileh"?
>
>Sure- it's in the instrumental introduction to 'Al Habib Al Maghoul'-
Cairophon CXG CD 604. It's in a minor >key- Naomi Shemer changed it around
a little, but not much.
>               EK

To which I'd add- you can almost hear this melody over a radio from a
distant station late at night, broadcasting out of God knows where...

If my original post never made it to the list, I'd like to know.