Yiddish Tango, Jews in tango

OK, so this happens to be my specialty!

Following up on what Hankus and Jeff recently wrote:

There is also a book called 'Tango, Una Historia Con Judíos' written by Jose
Judkovski  -- published about a year ago.  Also excellent.

I have collected (so far) 150 tangos in Yiddish, and a bunch of tangos from
Argentina that were written, composed, and/ or played by Jews.  Jews were
right in there at the start of tango, and violin players were especially
prominent.  When Jewish melodies are imported into Argentine tango, it is
more likely that the Jewish violin player pulled it out of his memory than
that a Jewish composer wrote it in.   I have tangos that pull from Zol Shoyn
Kumen Di Geule and other Yiddish songs.

Yiddish tango -- tango with Yiddish lyrics -- originated in two places --
Argentina and yes -- as Hankus said -- Poland.  Poland was crazy for tango
between the wars.  Amazing Jewish orchestras, composers, etc.  And then
people started writing Yiddish lyrics.

Most of the material that I have is from Poland and Argentina from 1918 til
the early 50's, including ghetto tangos. And then a bunch a bunch a bunch
from the Yiddish theatre.  And a few assorted weird things from odd places.

What am I doing with the material?  Got a few grants (Jewish and non-Jewish
sources) -- am writing a theatrical, music, dance performance piece.  It will
debut in Portland Oregon, in December.  And after that, I'm ready to hit the
road with it.

So... if anyone has a Yiddish tango that you think might be somewhat obscure,
or if you have one that you love so much that you want to make sure I have
it, I'd love to give a listen.

Jenny Levison