Re: klezmer dance

Helen Winkler wrote:

The other thing I?ve noticed is that quite often dance is treated as

> performance art rather than as something you can do for yourself.  If kids
> never dance and then in a short period of time are taught 2 dances that they
> are expected to do perfectly on a stage, they may actually dislike the whole
> experience.
>
> Helen

It's a tougher rope for a kid to walk than you might remember from your own
childhood.  My son is a talented drummer who did well in his lessons, but after
a while, that rote approach became meaningless to him, and he stopped
cooperating.

The more you push, the narrower the rope becomes.  I would guess that you'd have
an easier time coaxing people out onto a balance beam than a high-wire.

Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass
The Wholesale Klezmer Band

The Angel that presided o'er my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake