Re: Beginner's books

Hiya:
check out any of the books from YIVO
I believe YIVO is now on line.
Also---there are some simple dance tunes in both
MLOTEK books.
Sorry to be so vague, but my snynapses just went boom.
Chana MLOTEK, I believe is the editor.
Both books,one is entitled Pearls from the Yiddish Theatre, and the other is
called-I can't think of it in English, but it translates as-LET's SING.
Also, the Ruth Rubin book has a couple of klezmorim tunes, most notably,
Chakstkeleh---which is very simple and which I have taught to groups.
Good hunting
Trudii