Promoting Klezmer & Other Jewish Music Forms

I have been "on the air" for over, four years; attended a couple of live
concerts; and I am considering  producing a  concert series, in the
future. Klezmer Music  is a genre with a variety musical interpretations;
some more independently marketable, than others. The most important
aspect of a successful performance or CD;  as I see it, is the ability of
the performer(s) to "sell" themselves and their music; "not sell out."

Here is a short list of suggestions:

1) Make sure to contact local  Jewish Press & Media, if available, in
advance;
    that means, when you book, not the day before.
2) Use the internet music calendars; Music-Cal, Ari,
jewishentertainment.net, etc.
3) When performing,  involve your audiences in your performance; talk
about your
    music, yourselves, and anything else to keep your audience's
attention, but try to
    keep in the realm of your performance materials.
4) Last, but not least; remember to be yourself; "on and off" the stage.

     Don't be someone your not!!!

zelwel (at) earthlink(dot)net writes:

> << The Klezmatics should actually be much more popular than they are.
>>

> I hope you can read this without misinterpreting the tone, which is
> matter-of-fact.  Many of us k-bands out across America should be more
popular
> than we are.  Considering that they are a world music group, the
Klezmatics
> have done enormously well for themselves, and power to them.  But in
the
> world of top k-bands, they have enjoyed the lion's share of popularity.

Jacob Freedman -- Host/Producer   * Rime-Judaica Moderator
Sunday Morning Klezmer & Other Jewish Music: - Sundays, 6:00 to 10:00 am
An Exploration of Jewish Music, Art, and Culture  - 88.9 fm, A Voice for
Burlington Cnty
E-Mail and Url Addresses -- sundaymorningklezmer (at) usa(dot)net
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/WBZCFMsndymrnngklzmr/index.html
[New Jersey Varied Web Sites -- The 1ST ".", after the 1st NJ Link]