From:  Eliezer Kaplan[SMTP:zelwel (at) earthlink(dot)net]
Sent:  Sunday, July 11, 1999 10:21 AM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Re: Comparing Incomparables

As far as I'm personally concerned, Owen, I won't read e-mail BEFORE
havdolah. As for my wife being able to instantly recognize Zappa, I don't
just mean stuff with his 'distinctive' vocal styling- I also meant
instrumental stuff. Something about his writing style- what he himself
would have called the 'statistical density' of his music makes it instantly
recognizable. IMO same thing goes for Brandwein- at this level I think it's
a legit comparison. As far as lifestyle goes, Brandwein was actually nuts
way beyond Zappa's league!
                EK