RE: looking for Holocaust-related music

I just discovered that I never sent this letter out.   Wrote it 2 weeks ago.

Thank you Isabelle and everyone else who has written to me on
and off the list with rich info.  I will follow up on each of them.

At the moment I am pursuing Mikis Theodorakis's song cycle
"Ballad of Mauthausen", as performed by a most extraordinary
singer, Maria Farantouri.  Someone played it for me some years ago
and I fell in love with one of the 6 songs "The girl from Mauthausen"
even though I didn't understand a word of Greek or know what the
topic was about.   Am trying to get my own copy so that I can
upload it to my future site.  Does anyone have this music to upload?

Yes, Wissotsky's Tea is a great song.  This weekend we will be
going to a Camp Boiberik reunion, where Josh first presented
this  song in its English version for a skit he wrote for the
teens to perform.  (He always first wrote these camp songs in
Yiddish and then translated it to English.)   It has been part
of the camp lore for at least 27 years.  It felt as if all 450
attendants last year still remembered all the words.  Amazing.
Did you record your performance?  I, for sure, would love to hear
it.   I am sure Josh would too.

I have only heard good things about the Oxford Program and so I
am sure that you will enjoy it.  I don't personally know it.

I am sure you will have a great summer.

But Holland is not the same without Mira Rafelowicz, z"l.
What a terrible tragic loss for our whole community.

Reyzl

P.S. Might you have e-mail
addresses for either Mimi or David Bloch?