RE: Debbie Friedman

>In today's world with mass technology and mass data collection, recording,
>and storage, how necessary is it that we debate the "Jewish-ness" of Debbie
>Friedman's music?

I hope that we are only debating the appropriateness Debbie Friedman's
melodies for prayer as opposed to traditional modes of prayer. I don't
believe that the "jewishness" of her music is questioned--the moreso,
since, as you point out, that would certainly open a senseless
thrash, meaning nothing.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/