SV: African-American musicians and Yiddish

Somewhere I've read that singer and drummer Leo Watson sometimes excelled
in Yiddish too. Unfortunately I can't find the reference now and I know of
no records proving this (could be some in "The Spirits of Rhythm"
collection, though), but it sounds plausible as he moved around in the
circles of Slim Gaillard ("the jive-idiom" of these artists would be worth
a close study, I think).

Ingemar