Re: Peretz short story

Apparently, the Liptzin translation is also available in a bilingual
version.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to which one I should
buy -- the Liptzin or Katz collection?

Peretz, Isaac Loeb:  PERETZ
Translated and Edited by Sol Liptzin (Yivo Bilingual Series)
This volume contains selected tales and essays of Isaac Loeb Peretz
(1851-1915), considered one of the shining lights of the literary
heritage of Jewry in Eastern Europe. Peretz, born in Poland,
experienced all the ferment and restlessness that swept Jewish life
from the mid-nineteenth century until the First World War. Reared in
the Orthodox tradition, he tasted the freedom of the Enlightenment or
Haskala and, to some extent, was influenced by Jewish Romanticism or
Hassidism. He participated in the rejuvenation of Hebrew and led the
movement for the elevation and purification of the Yiddish tongue.
Peretz was the tribune of the Jewish people, the voice of their
conscience. It is not surprising that a hundred thousand Jews marched
through the streets of Warsaw in 1915 to pay him final tribute on the
day of his demise. The selections in this volume demonstrate his
idealism and messianic spirit. Partial contents: Seven Years of
Plenty; Beside the Dying; Migrations of a Melody; Poets, Books, and
Readers; Escaping Jewishness; Kabbalists; Four Generations -- Four
Wills.
LC 72-5689 1947
ISBN: 0836981375 $23.95

Bob