Re: Kol Simcha in U.S.

>>Subject: Kol Simcha in U.S.
>>Sender: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
>>
>>The Swiss klezmer group Kol Simcha is apparently touring in the U.S. soon,
>>at least in the Northeast. I just read of a concert at the Fine Arts Center
>>at U.Mass-Amherst in Massachusetts on Feb. 11.
>>
>>Does anyone know of any other dates on this tour?

Before rushing off to hear these guys, it may be worth asking
whether or not the idea of deracinated, lounge-klez fused with
similarly bland elevator jazz or classical muzak sounds potentially
entertaining. (Clearly, millions of Kenny G fans think so, at
least in part, and yeah, some of my best friends think these
folks are the way to do klezmer. I do strongly disagree.)

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list