Re: klezmer recommendation please

Agree - Budowitz is great.
Another must have is Alicia Svigals' "Fidl" CD on Traditional Crossroads
label.
Also check out Chicago Klezmer Ensemble "Sweet Home Bukovina" on Oriente
Musik and La'Om's "Riffkele" from Berlin on Megaphon.
Encore........

At 04:52 31/01/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 31/01/99 01:36:58 GMT, David writes:
>
>> I have Joel Rubin's Bergovsky's khasene CD and am hooked on it. I am
>>  looking for more klezmer CDs with a similar style and as good.
>>
>>  Any recommendations?
>
>In a similar style, and my favourite CD of all time, is Budowitz' "Mother
>Tongue: Music of the 19th Century Klezmorim" - I just adore this and cannot
>wait for another one from them. Also try Rubin & Horowitz "Bessarabian
>Symphony".
>
>from Louisa
>Essex, UK, Europe

KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC
Management for Jugularity, Klezmeritis & Kalinka
Agency for acoustic musicians  (jazz, classical, celtic, gypsy etc)
Phone/Fax +613 9386 7108          2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
               JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
_________
JUGS : 1) Jan 31  Thomastown cnr AlexanderAve/Boronia St 4-7pm, free
            2) Feb 13 Benefit MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES at Corner Hotel
Richmond
             ----  also Tiddas, Tulipan, Sock, Adana, Dalriada, Touche
YALLA : CERES 8 Lee St, Brunswick Feb 12 : Middle-eastern music and dance
KLEZMERITIS : Port Fairy Folk Festival