Re: Typical Yankee steroyping (was Re: Jewish cowboy music)

>>(He has a very Texan view of relations between men and women.
>
>Um, a what kind of veiw, sir?
>
>I'd say the Kinster's active misogyny (not sure 'bout that spelling, as I'm
>from Oklahoma you see) is all his own. Being a jerk is not limited to
>Texans, I can assure you.

I recall a lot of people from high school, in Dallas, who thought
and behaved a lot like the Kinkster sang, and encountered less
elsewhere. But we can  move further rounds of this offline and
away from the discussion of jewish-music ;-).

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list