Re: Jewish films

You mention Prince of Egypt. Has anyone else seen it? My 12-year-old daughter
and I did , a couple of weeks ago. We were fascinated to see that they
appear to have forgotten the matza when leaving Egypt but that the women did
manage
to take along little tambourines ("souvenirs of Egypt - hope
you enjoyed your stay and come back soon!"???) for the Miriam-and-tambourine
scene. Musically, it would make a neat termpaper topic for an ethnomusicology
grad student - how symbolic middle eastern elements are embedded
in generic Hollywood "compositions".... Judith

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->