Re: Correction

>Music is not simply melody - it also tempo and rhythm and orchestration
>and accent.  When I hear the chords from "Sunshine of Your Love" at a
>chaseneh, they are always delivered identically in all ways to the way
>they appear in the original recording.  And as many people will agree -
>the essence of rock *is* tempo and rhythm, not melody.
>The melody itself of "Light My Fire" may nor may not be suitable for
>other uses, but to play it in a similar fashion to the way the Doors did
>it is to play rock, pure and simple, with all the associations that that
>sort of rock number has.
>
>Rochel Sara Heckert

Aw, come on. I'm sure that if you'd heard some silly anglicized lyris to
"Sunshine of Your Love' with lots of Hashem's and ai-ai-ai's in it first
and repeatedly you'd associate those particular words with the melody
rather than the ones that you know. A chird progression can be neither good
nor bad- except in the musical sense, and even then it's a matter of opinion.
                        Ellie Kaplan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->