Re: Correction

Hi Jacob and list,

> Once you remove the words to "Light My Fire", and separate the melody
from the >fast tempo and strict rhythm of a rock music performance, I
find nothing hedonistic >about it.

Here I disagree with your disagreement!  :-)

Music is not simply melody - it also tempo and rhythm and orchestration
and accent.  When I hear the chords from "Sunshine of Your Love" at a
chaseneh, they are always delivered identically in all ways to the way
they appear in the original recording.  And as many people will agree -
the essence of rock *is* tempo and rhythm, not melody.
The melody itself of "Light My Fire" may nor may not be suitable for
other uses, but to play it in a similar fashion to the way the Doors did
it is to play rock, pure and simple, with all the associations that that
sort of rock number has.

Rochel Sara Heckert

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->