Re: Dave Tarras rarities CD

Hi, Bill:
Please send me the track listing of Kurt's cassette as I'm not familiar
with it. This CD has alot of the Tarras Jewish Instrumental Trio on it,
and the rest of the Savoy sides, etc. There are a couple of repeats from
the Global Village CDs, but these transfers sound better. I have about
five different Klezmer CDs available right now; Vol. One is a mixture of
different recordings of tunes that are transcribed in Martin van de
Ven's Klezmer books, Vol. Two is different types of International reed
styles, and that one includes Middle Eastern and Greek as well as two
previously-unissued tunes by Naftule Brandwine, playing under a Russian
guise. Vol. Three is Tarras, Vol. Four is all Pesachke Burstein, and
Vol. Five is another assorted disc, with two Beckerman tunes (maybe on
Kurt's cassette?) and some great Yiddish Theatre Orchestra tunes
(various Theatre Orchestras, like Satz', etc.) They are $18.00 US each
including postage to the U.S., more if to Europe. If you order more than
one,  the first disc is $18.00, and the next discs are all $16.00 each.
Let me know if any of this holds your interest.
Regards,
Steven

Bill Barabash wrote:

> Hi Farfl,
>
> How do I get a copy of the Dave Tarras rarities CD you
> mentioned on the jewish-music mailing list?  What other
> CDs do you produce/sell?
>
> My Tarras collection includes the Yazoo CD, both Global Village
> CDs, the Tarras/Abe Ellstein CD from Banner Records, Frailachs in
> Hi-Fi vols. 1 & 2 on Laserlight CD, Music for the Traditional Jewish
> Wedding (Ethnic Folk Arts Center casette), and Kurt Bjorling's
> Early Dave Tarras / Shloimke Beckerman casette.  (So, to me,
> the rest is rarity...)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Bill Barabash  (billb (at) harlequin(dot)com)
>    c/o Harlequin, Inc.
>    One Cambridge Center
>    Cambridge, MA 02142 USA

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->