Re: Dave Tarras rarities CD

Hi Farfl,

Thanks for your reply.  For now I'll just order the Tarras
CD.  Tell me whom to make the check out to, and where
to send it; my address is below.

Kurt Bjorling's casette is one of eight tapes he sells to
his fellow klezmorim as educational resources.  The sound
quality is generally poor -- recorded from 78s with little
or no de-clicking.

Most of the Dave Tarras tracks are anthologized on either
the Yazoo CD or on the second Global Village collection.
"A Rumenisher Nigun" is on the "Yikhes" anthology.

The Beckerman material is harder to get commercially;
"Tants-a-Freilach" is on the Rounder "Klezmer Pioneers"
anthology.  Parts of "Ot Azoy" and "A Galitsianer Tents'l"
are on the recording that accompanies "The Compleat
Klezmer" book but, frustratingly, they each get cut off
at the first dacapo.

Here's the contents of the Early Dave Tarras / Shloimke
Beckerman tape:

Side A: DAVE TARRAS

September, 1925:
  1. Dem Trisker Rebns Khosid
  2. Sha, Sha, Di Shviger Kumt
  3. Bulgar
  4. Dem Monastrishtcher Rebns Khosid'l
January, 1926:
  5. Dovid'l Bazetst Di Kale
  6. Mayn Tayere Odessa
  7. Nisht Gezorgt
  8. Nor Gelebt, Nor Gelakht
April, 1927:
  9. A Rumenisher Nigun
 10. Rumenishe Doina
January, 1928:
 11. Unzer Toirele
 12. Dem Tsadiks Zemer'l

Side B: SHLOIMKE BECKERMAN

December, 1923:
  1. Ot Azoi
  2. Yismekhu
  3. A Galitsianer Tents'l
  4. T'kias Shofar
October, 1923:
  5. Trinkt Briderlakh Lekhayim
  6. Tants-a-Freilakh
Date unknown:
  7. Ukranian Potpourri - Part I
  8. Ukranian Potpourri - Part II
  9. Russian Dances - Part I
 10. Russian Dances - Part II
April 1924:(Rederman's & Beckermans Orchestra
            featuring Alex Fiedel, cornet)
 11. Europaishe Kolomyka
 12. Europaishe Kamariska