Re: Re[2]: Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish

In a message dated 11/16/1998 6:12:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
drosenberg (at) dht(dot)com writes:

<<
 The Yiddish version is "Ven ikh ben a Rothschild" (If I were a
 Rothschild). A quick check of the Jewish Music Web Site
 (www.jewishmusic.com) shows that the Jan Peerce Cassette/CD (which
 hopefully has the Yiddish lyrics transliterated) is available >>
Here goes,

These are the Yiddish vbersions of Fiddler On the Roof that I know about.

Jan Bart recorded an entire album on Tikvah Record (OUTOF PRINT) of his own
version of Fiddler.

Jan Peerce has a recording, CD & Cassette featuring songs from Fiddler (in
Yiddish)

There WAS a Yiddish ORIGINAL cast recording on Fiddler in Yiddish from Israel
on record and Cassete both are out of print, but we still have 5 copies in
stock on cassette, if interested contact me by PHONE at 323)655-7083 since I
will be without a computer for a week.

There is a recording in Yiddish by Danny Delmin  from FRANCE that has a number
of selection from Fiddler on it. Good CD, one of the few baritones in Yiddish
music.
There are probably a few more out there , but that's all I have
Simon
Hatikvah Music

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->