why Jews became fiddlers

>> Our parents, I think , live in a constant
>>  "paranoid" state, which really is justified due to the circumstances they
>>  experienced.    Anybody else have thoughts about this?      LINDA
>>
>A friend, Dr. John Krug, once interpreted it this way:
>Why were Jews Fidlers (as in Fidler on the Roof)?  Because it is portable!
>That was the emphasis on education (? And medicine)- because it can be taken
>with you- just in case....

Sorry I have so little time to write on here or even respond to posts addressed
to me, but I thought I would send this off.

Just found this comment on a mailing of children of Holocaust survivors.   Do
others here think that this is why Jews chose to become fiddlers?    I don't
think so, but am curious about other people's opinions.

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->