Re: Mikveh Music

At 06:40 PM 8/1/98 EDT, Maxwell Street wrote:
<snip>
>The group is comprised of four of Klezdom's best female player/performers:
>fiddler Alicia Svigals of The Klezmatics, clarinetist Margot Leverett of
>Boston's Klezmer Conservatory Band (KCB), vocalist Adrienne Cooper of Kapelye
>and accordion player Lauren Brody, a member of the Klezmer trio Freylekh,
>Freylekh and a veteran of the Bulgarian music scene. All thewomen live in New
>York City.

I mean no offense to Margot, but the clarinet in the Klezmer Conservatory
Band is wielded by the green-eyed goddess of the reeds, Ilene Stahl.
        Owen Davidson, Amherst, Mass.
        The Wholesale Klezmer Band

        The Angel that presided o'er my birth
        Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth,
        Go love without the help of any King on Earth.

                                Wm. Blake

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->