From:   Mark Shanteau[SMTP:mjshanteau (at) ucdavis(dot)edu]
Sent:   éåí çîéùé 04 éåðé 1998 01:19
To:     World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject:        Identity in Klezmer

I am a student at the University of California, Davis and I am writing a
paper about klezmer music. I am looking for help with two question. Does
the music mimic language? It sounds like it to me, especially in some the
melodies Andy Statman plays. The second question is a more general cultural
question. How do American Jews view themselves, and how does that reflect
in the music?

Mark

<<application/ms-tnef>>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->