A Passover Tune

A Zissen Peyasch!

R. Wolpoe

Subject: A Passover Tune
Author:  Mona Baker at ibi-cor4
Date:    4/2/98 9:52 AM

     Wishing you a very Happy Passover!

     ----------------------------------

     Our Passover Things

     To be sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music

     Cleaning and cooking and so many dishes
     Out with the chametz, no pasta or knishes
     Fish that's gefilted, horseradish that stings
     These are a few of our Passover things.

        Chorus

        When the plagues strike
        When the lice bite
        When we're feeling sad
        We simply remember our Passover things
        And then we don't feel so bad.

     Matzah and karpas and chopped up charoset
     Shankbones and kiddush and yiddish neuoses
     Tante who kvetches and uncle who sings
     These are a few of our Passover things.

        Chorus

     Motzi and marror and trouble with Pharaohs
     Famines and locusts and slaves with wheelbarrows
     Matzah balls floating and eggshell that clings
     These are a few of our Passover things.

        Chorus

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->