Pesach Tape

Its probably too late to use it much this year,  but I highly recommend a
new Passover Tape that just came out.  It's called A TAste of Passover
featuring Theodore Bikel, Cantor David Levine (no relation) and the
performers of New England Conservatory.  These include a children's
choir, a gospel choir singing Carlebach's Pischu Li, their orchestra,
concert choir and especially the Klezmer Band.  There is a wonderful
variety of styles of music (Klezmer, Sephardic, Cantorial, Popular,
Classical, etc.) and some especially humorous moments.  The heavily
accented women teaching how to make Matzah Balls correctly is a delight
and I enjoyed both the Paul Anka parody of Diana (Dayenu) and a great
performance of Moyshe Oysher's Chad Gadya.

Hankus Netsky, a founder of the orginial New England Conservatory Klezmer
Band is the force behind this live concert which I think was filmed for
PBS. It's available from Rounder Records www.rounder.com

If you remember to buy it now you'll have it in time to use when next
Pesach comes around.  It's a great background for Passover cleaning and
cooking.

Chag Sameach everyone,

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->