RE: Klezmer/Bluegrass on TV

My husband is working on part of this production and I can tell
you that everything about this show is very liquid and insane.
The stories behind this production can fill a whole book on Jewish
ambivalence and the unfortunate recent turn against Israel because
of Bibi et al.   CBS threatened to pull the whole show off the air
last week because of the fighting over concept and difficulty of
stars not wanting to participate.  Most Jewish Hollywood stars have
not wanted to participate and those who accepted put conditions
such as they will appear only if they are allowed to present
pro-Rabin, anti-Bibi material (e.g., Richard Dreyfuss).   Striesand
will not be there as previously reported to attract more people into
the production.  Dustin Hoffman will not be there who had said yes,
KCB will.   Jessye Norman will sing on or about Massada.  Oy,
Hollywood's concept of Israel.  You don't even want to hear the
pathetic stories of the confused instructions of keep it light and
zippy and don't bring up anything sad or depressing or political or
with any meaning.   Don't bring up death or the Holocaust or border
signs.   Show a lot of sunning beauties on the beach.  OY.

I thought it was going to be Mark O'Connor's American fiddling vs
Deborah Strauss's fiddling who is now part of Klezmer Conservatory
Band.   That was the plan as of two weeks ago.

Happy and wonderful peysakh.

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky