Klezmer/Bluegrass on TV

        After a few months of lurking, I thought I'd contribute some info

        -Henry Koretzky         Old World Folk Band     Harrisburg, PA
                        HRK (at) PSULIAS(dot)PSU(dot)EDU
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 20:46:47 -0400
From: Gerry Katz <gkatz (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>
Subject: NEBG: Del McCoury Band on CBS TV
Sender: owner-nebgrass-l (at) standard(dot)pictel(dot)com

This just in from Mike Bub of the Del McCoury Band -

>>Hey Everyone -

Wanted to let you know the Del McCoury Band will be appearing on a CBS TV
special on April 15th.  The Show is a celebration of the anniversary of the
state of Israel. (?????)  I know it sounds odd, but they called for us.  Here
is what we know at this time:   the show is to be hosted by Michael Douglas
and Kevin Costner.  Some of the guests  will be Stevie Wonder, Natalie Cole,
Harry Connick Jr., and Barbara Streisand.  Our role will be to play against a
Klezmer group from Boston. What this means is we will be representing American
Music.  We think that it will be sort of a back and forth thing --- they play
30 sec   --- we play 30 sec.   back and forth and then we play together.
Supposedly this will take up 4 minutes of time on National Prime Time.  Don't
ask how, who  or why because we're not sure ourselves but we going to LA on
the 12th to tape this thing.  Help spread the word and post something on the
bluegrass L.  This could be big.  Hell, it is BIG!!!

BUB<<<

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->