RE: Help with an intro to klezmer

Two places come to mind immediately. The first is Ari's Klezmer Shack.
http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/. He has the best compendium of
information, reviews, sound files, etc. of Klezmer music I know of.

For buying, look into www.jewishmusic.com, the web site of Tara
Publications. They not only have a large (I don't know if it's the
largest, but it's pretty large) selection of Klezmer CDs (and
cassettes), and they also have sound files.

Also they just reduced their prices and on top of that are having a 20%
off sale :-)

With these two resources one should come away with a good intro to
Klezmer.

Dick Rosenberg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->