Help with an intro to klezmer

I have received a cry for help from Maine: ideas appreciated:
"I was introduced to klezmer by my father who
supplied me with the wonderful book on tape "The Fool and the Flying Ship"
(narrated by Robin Williams :-).  Since then I've found some other stuff,
none of it truly excellent.  I've found that I enjoy the fast and loud type
of Klezmer the best, but I don't really know where to start looking.  Any
suggestions of places to look/bands that play that type of Klezmer?  Also,
where can I find: Klezmer Music: Early Yiddish Instrumental Music: The
First Recordings 1910- 1927?  Thanks for your time."

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->