Re: Re: Re, Cantors...

Richard,

Many thanks to you and to the others who have patiently reassured me that the
secular/observant dichotomy poses little threat to Jewish culture for at least
several millenia!  I have Greek Orthodox friends who (with considerable zest)
point out a very similar characteristic in their own community.  In posing the
question to Jewish friends outside the list I get the same answer.  And to my
relief, the most observant are quickest to defend the most secular as being
valid Jews!  I'm glad my concern turns out to be unfounded but thanks so much
for taking the time to explain.  I also got an invitation to worship with a
friend and hear a Cantor so by asking I was enriched several ways.  Sincere
thanks!

-Stan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->