Re: Cantors.

>I   am finding the  discussion about cantors to be quite interesting and
>informative.  I cannot understand why our esteemed <vebmiester> would
>want to squelch any further discussion.  <Cantors> are involved  with
><Jewish music>;  this is a  Jewish music list.  What is the problem?

Other than a torturous misreading of my post as other than
objecting to the religious quarrel that was raised, I'm not
sure what the issue would be either.

There will be no discussion of Orthodox vs. Reform or any other
flavor of Judaism on this list, except to the extent of noting
differences in music minhag or melody.

I am always glad to defend what I wrote: It is always harder
to defend myself against something that I not only didn't
write, but which goes against the grain of my usual defense
of discussing all aspects of jewish music on this list.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list