Re: dancing with klezmer music

>I hope someone can help me find what i'm looking for. My daughter takes a
>character dance class where students perform folk dances from different
>countries. My daughter's teacher asked me to find a videotape or a dance
>workshop where she (the teacher) could learn some traditional Jewish
>dances. Since I love klezmer music, I thought maybe I could find some
>appropriate Eastern European Jewish dances are traditionally danced with
>klezmer music.
>
>One person I have communicated with is sending me clips from some old
>yiddish movies that have dancing. Does the movie Fiddler on the Roof have
>any appropriate dancing? Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Just going thru some old e-mail, and I found this unread and unreplied.

Tara Publications has a book called "The Best of Jewish Folk Dance".

It was editted by Alan King and Velvel Pasternak, and may be ordered
thru the Tara web-site:
                                     http://www.jewishmusic.com
or phoned in:  1-800-TARA-400
                                                   Cantor Neil Schwartz

P.S.  Ergo Media also has a videotape of Israeli folkdances, I think.
      If they have a web-site, you'll have to use Yahoo to find it.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->