Re: Klesmer music and the clarinet

>Hi! My name is Margaret Lyday and I am learning how to play Klesmer music
>(at least I am trying to.)  I have been looking for books and tapes that
>would help me with the technique, but I have not found anything useful.
>If someone could please help me or explain the technique involved I would
>be extremely greatful.

Tara Publiations has lots of books on this subject!  They are at:

    http://www.jewishmusic.com        or       1-800-TARA-400

Start with the books by Sapoznik and Sokoloff, and go on to Feidman's
books for clarinet after you have a handle on the basics of Klezmer.

                                                    Cantor Neil Schwartz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->