a warm version of Ma Navu

Listening to the latest BRAVE COMBO album to cross my desk,
("Group Dance Epidemic") I wanted to call folks attention
to an unusual rendition of Ma Na'avu, the Israeli Dance tune.
The vocals are sung in an unusually awkward manner, but the
result (backed by a band that is, admittedly, superb, as per
usual) delivers the full sensitivity of the song and makes
me try to remember the halting yemenite steps I learned
decades ago. (The group's rock version of "The Hokey Pokey"
is otherwise worth the cost of the CD, but discussing that
would be beyond the bounds of this mailing list :-).)

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
http://www.ivritype.com/