Re: Klezmer Forest& Trees(was Re: what is Klismer music?)

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Fred Jacobowitz wrote:

> Seth,
>       I hope that analogy was sound. I was under the impression that
> Hip-Hop has melody/harmony, etc. while rap obviously has neither - just
> text/rhythm. If I am mistaken then I guess I'll just have to use another
> analogy. Hopefully, tho, you get my meaning.

Fred: I do get your meaning. I'm still not certain about the way you draw
the hip-hop/rap distinction, but I'm no expert on the subject. I was just
curious as to how you understood the two to be different.

--seth

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->