Re: Safam?

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Avraham Zelig wrote:

> What can anyone tell me about Safam?  They are coming to my area in June
> to perform. I know nothing about them. What is their music like? What
> kind of a show do they put on?

I like to look at SAFAM as the "JOURNEY" of Jewish music.  By "JOURNEY",
I'm referring to the popular American rock group of the 70's.

SAFAMs music (as far as I know) is all original.  Their style really
sounds like it developed from the popular rock n'roll of the 70's and
80's.  Their music is in english and Hebrew --- on Jewish themes, with
some biblical/religious content.

Hope that gives you a rough idea.

Steve Singer

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->