Re: help me complete Ofra FAQ ( was Ofra Haza fanīs)

First: thanks to all who have responded to my Ofra postings. I'm very glad to
see that threre are some Ofra fan's in the world.

Second: excuse my bad spelling. I can't spell. That's it! :)

Now, help me completing an Ofra FAQ. Add more records, films, guest, and some
strange information. Anything is velcomme.

Ofra has an anoying habit to realese 1 album worldwide and 4 home in Israel.
Hey, it's a bit expensive to travel to Israel every year. (It's 3 years since
I was there last time)

Ofra albums
-----------
Temetations (1982)
Shirey Moledet 1 (1983)
Hi (1983) ? I can't find my cassett!!!!!!!!!!
Ofra Chaza selected hits (1983) Yes, Chaza.
Ofra Haza/ Ofra Haza? (1983) On the cover picture Ofra is sitting in chair
                             wearing a gren dress. Hebrew text all over...
A place for me (1984)
Yemenite songs (Israel 1984 world 1985) aka Fifty gates of wisdom (1989)
The golden album (1986)
Shirey Moledet 2 (1985)
Earth (1985)
Broken days (1986)
Yemenite love (1988)
Shirey Moledet 3 (1991?)
Shaday (1988)
Ofra five track (1989) Special Japanese album featuring remixes from Shaday.
Dessert wind (1990)
Kiraya (Israel 1991 world 1992)
My soal (1995)?I haven't heard that.    yett....
Queen in exile (1995) to be realesed soon I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

"The golden album" features some English and French(!) tracks.

I belive that Yemenite love is a compilation album featuring some remixes
including the STUPID acid house remix of "Lover come back".

"Shaday" is a dance remix album featuring songs from "Yemenite songs" and
"Broken days". The songs are translated to English and Izhar Ashdot has
produced the music. (Izhar is one of the best "synthplayers" in the world.)

In 1985 Izhar Ashdot made a 12'remix of Galbi. It reached  No 3 on the import
charts in th USA. I have something like 21 different versions of that song.

Guest apperence
---------------
Sister of mercy "Temple of love'92" from the album "A slight case of
                                                                  overbombing"
Thomas Dolby "That's why people fall in love" (1992) from the album"Astronauts
                                                                 and Heretics"
Paula Abdul "My love is for real" (1995) from the album "Head over heels"
                                                          and Heretics"

Sampled Ofra
------------
Eric B and Rakim "Paid in full" (I'm nin alu, "Shaday")
Mauro Scocco "Det finns" (Eshal, "Shaday")
Mars "Pump upp the volume" ??????

Video's
-------
>From dusk to dawn. (haven't seen)

And something that I don't know the name of. I begins with Ofra being captured
by some sheik and held in prison in a tent there she starts to sing...

Movies
------
Shlagger (haven't seen)

Surburban girl (I have seen this one. It's so bad it's good....)

Movies with Ofra music
----------------------
Wild orchid

Some info about Ofra
--------------------

Born 1957, Israel!!! :)

Have served within the IDF (Israeli defence forces)

Has released something like 25 albums according to Swedish newspapers.

Favorite quote "To dance, not to fight"

Labeld in Sweden as the "Singing peace angel"

Some comments
-------------
I like Ofra's dance remixes more then that traditional stuff. I'm 21years old
and mayby I just don't understant the traditional Yemenite/Israeli songs.

I have been to Israel 4 times and tried each time to see her live. Have been
in touch with the Israeli Tourist service in Sweden, but they could't help
me. Finaly, after 8 year I could see Ofra live in Stockholm. That was
somethiing undiscrible. I where at the consert site 7hours before she was
shedueld to appear and managed to get close to the stage. I was 2-3 meaters
from her. And when she started to sing.....It sounded even better than on
the records. It's simply unreal.

My favorite: album is "Shaday"
             song is "My aching heart" ,Shaday
             video is "Galbi", Shaday
             remix is "Wish me luck'12" featuring DARTH VADER!

Is't all surfing the net? Ofra if you read this: Next time You visit Sweden ,I
want to meet You. How about dinner? We could listen to Yous records, Eeeh,
mayby not. :)   "Ofra mayby not rule the world, but she rules mine"/ says
                                        Mauritz Nordlund

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->