Any Decent National Anthems?

[ Article crossposted from rec.music.classical ]
[ Author was Rhabliss ]
[ Posted on 5 Jun 1995 18:37:42 -0400 ]

Now that we're back on the topics of anthems in general, I'd put in a vote
for the imperial Russian one -- God Save the Tsar.  Besides being familiar
from being quoted in the 1812 Overture, it turns up pretty regularly in
films to underscore the nostalgia of White Russians, to greatest effect
perhaps in the Ingrid Bergman/Helen Hayes ANASTASIA.  A haunting ditty...
--
znmeb (at) teleport(dot)COM (M. Edward Borasky)
How to Stop A Folksinger Cold # 2

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->