Re: Looking for Hungarian Music Info.

In article <CHB(dot)95May9005402 (at) world(dot)std(dot)com> chb (at)
world(dot)std(dot)com (Charles H Berg) writes:
>From: chb (at) world(dot)std(dot)com (Charles H Berg)
>Subject: Looking for Hungarian Music Info.
>Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 04:54:02 GMT

>I'm researching a fiction project, and I need some historical info. on
>the popular/folk music scene in Hungary in the late 30s, early 40s.
>If anyone with some expertise could contact me, it would be greatly
>appreciated.

>Thanks
>--
>        Charlie Berg
>        chb (at) world(dot)std(dot)com
I have tons of recordings of Hungarian Gypsy music.  The most popular primas
at that time was Imre Magyari, and I have a number of his records.  I would be
more knowledgeable about Hungarian Gypsies in the U.S. at that time, though.
But I do think that "popular/folk music scene" would mean Gypsy music.  I've
met a few Hungarain Gypsy musicians, such as Sandor Jaroka.

Paul Gifford

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->