Re: Klezmer thesis

Here's an angle for your Klezmer thesis.  I play fiddle in the Austin
Klezmorim out of Austin, Texas.  We play swinging, hip Klezmer with a
repetoire of originals and standards that go through the prism of an
interesting mix of musicians, not all Jewish.

 Most of the guys play in jazz bands and have avant-garde tastes.  I like
that jazz stuff, but I mostly play in Western Swing bands here in Texas.
Our new CD, "East of Odessa" (as in Odessa, Texas) features some great
female Yiddish singing and some hot licks.  If you want a copy contact the
head honcho, Bill Averbach.  His internet address is texklez (at)
afmbbs(dot)org(dot)

Good luck with the thesis.  I'll be posting this info on the internet but
I thought some direct input.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->