Re: I have just beem exposed to klezmer and need more!

>   gottliem (at) iia(dot)org (Michael J. Gottlieb) writes:
>  I have all of Klezmer Conservatory Band's albums and IMO their best is
>  "Jumpin' Night In The Garden Of Eden".

I also have that album, and like it a lot.  I had the pleasure of seeing Don
Byron here in San Francisco on his "Mickey Katz" tour...He is really great, and
the band he
had with him, New York session guys, I think, were the best.  As a kid my
parents, aunts and uncles played Mickey Katz records and roared at the Yiddish
punchlines...I think I learned all the Yiddish I know from those old 45s...

 richv (at) ccnet(dot)com

         (o o)
 oOO--(_)--OOo

 san francisco