Re: klezmer around wash DC/baltimore

I think this group has been mentioned in this list before, but the
Capital Klezmorim are pretty good.  They entertained at last year's
Reconstructionist Annual Convention in DC and did a great job.  They are
able to teach dancing and they tell good stories, but I'm sure they'd
stifle themselves and just play if you told them to ;-)

Mike Leavitt<mleavitt (at) netcom(dot)com>
Reston, Virginia

On Mon, 15 Aug 1994, David de Graaf wrote:

> I have tried this earlier in other usenet groups. I am searching for some
> good klezmer bands for my wedding, next summer in Potomac. We have been in
> touch wtih Kol Chayim (they did my sister's and they were pretty good) and
> lox and vodka, of whom I have heard only good things, but they might be a
> little too expensive for us. We do NOT need someone to show us how to folk
> dance or someone's wife to tell folk stories (believe it or not, someone
> offered that to us when we called him for a band, like my family would
> need someone else to do the shmoozing and PAY them for it).

Topic No. 18

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->