hanashir

[HANASHIR:17102] Tikun Olam list

Here are Tikkun Olam-themed songs that I've complied from hanashir
recommendations that were sent to me:

"Tikun Olam" by Jill Moskowitz (MIRACLES: Chanukah & Passover Songs For
Kids)

"What is a Mitzvah?" by Barbara Bar-Nissim (Manginot)

"Building a Better World" by Peter & Ellen Allard (Sing it! it! Stamp it!
Sway it! Vol III songbook/CD)

"Fixin' The World" by Wally Shachet-Briskin and Craig Rosen (Complete
Shireinu and Fixin' The World CD)

"Share, Share, Share" by Jon & Josh Nelson (My Jewish World songbook/CD)

"Be A Mensch!" by Wally Shachet-Briskin (My Jewish World songbook/CD)

"You Can Change The World" by Jeff Klepper (Manginot)

"Giving" by Fran Avni (Manginot)

"Tikkun Olam" by Lisa Baydush

As my day school likes to sing some songs in Hebrew, I'd like to add to the
list from Shireinu:

1.      Ani V'atah (Gavrelov/Einstein)
2.      Lo Alecha (Klepper/Freedlander)
3.      L'takein?The Na-Na song (Nichols/Klotz)
4.      Yad B'yad (Taubman)
5.      Mitzvah Goreret Mitzvah (Vogel)
6.      Lo Yisa Goi (traditional)
7.      Al Sh'losha D'varim (traditional & Dropkin)
8.      Or Zarua (Klepper)

and my own "Tikun Olam" -- mostly English with a line or two of Hebrew.

In addition, hanashir members suggested several songs of peace and "Dugit"
(Yonatan, in Shireinu).  Thanks to all for their suggestions.  I hope others
find them useful as well.

Carol Boyd Leon
Songwriter/Cantorial Soloist/Music Educator
E-mail:  CBLeon (at) hotmail(dot)com
Phone:  703-250-0554
Web page:  http://www.geocities.com/CBoydLeon