hanashir

[HANASHIR:17105] RE: Tikun Olam list

I have one to add to this list that I discovered when looking for Tu B'shvat
songs.  It's a parody of "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin.  I
taught it to 5-6th graders, and they were delighted to recognize the melody,
and enjoyed singing it.

A Whole New World

from "Aladdin"

It's a beautiful world.

Shining, shimmering, splendid.

Dm                           Am                 Dm                  C

Like a garden, it's tended by a person just like you.

If you open your eyes,

You'll see where it needs weeding.

Dm                                   Am                     Dm

Pruning, planting and seeding help to turn the earth into.

A whole new world.

 C            G                           C

Tikkun olam will guide the way.

                       G                             F

It means we must repair what's broke out there

         Am                        G

and put it back together.

A whole new world.

               G                              C

Bayom hahu, and on that day

                       G                              F

When all the work is done, and God is one,

         Am                              G7                   C

That whole new world will be with us to stay.

G             C        G7                   C

Tikkun olam-will guide the way;

              G         G7                    C

Bayom hahu-and on that day;

                              G               F            C