  From: Stevehumm (at) aol(dot)com
  To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 8:58 AM
  Subject: [HANASHIR:14128] Top Jewish Recordings

  what a great idea.... to share with one another some of our own personal
picks for great recordings.  Obviously mine is not a deifinitive list, but they
are what i listen to most often lately.

  1) Noam Katz's "Rakia"-  get in the car, put the volume on 9, and start
driving-ANYWHERE!
  2) Craig Parks' "Teen Shabbat Jam"--  all your favorite hava nashira melodies
with craig's amazing arrangements. would you believe his band is comprised of
his youth group...WOW!
  3) Craig Taubman's "One Shabbat Morning" -  check out his "mi shebeirach." my
congregation is loving it.
  4) Danny Maseng's "Labor of Love"-  Danny's melodies are perfectly wed to the
liturgy.... and what a voice!
  5) Rick Recht's "Free to be the Jew in Me"-this groundbreaker is full of new
classics for the religious school.  and it's lots of fun on your computer.

  i would love to know what everyone else is listening to lately.  thanks,
scott, for begginning this very usesful thread.

  -steve hummel
  cantorial soloist
  sha'arei am
  santa monica, ca