hanashir

[HANASHIR:14133] Re: Wings of Witness

Send me a FAX number
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yonatan Y. Koch
  To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 8:51 PM
  Subject: [HANASHIR:14132] Wings of Witness

  Hi everyone,

  It is not often that I write on this list, but I need your help if you are at
all able.

  I am involved in a Holocaust Memorial Project at the Holocaust Memorial and
Educational Center of Nassau County Welwyn Preserve, in Glen Cove N.Y.

  We are assembling A Holocaust Memorial Sculpture made to look like the wings
of a butterfly, out of Soda Can tabs.According to the artist, Jeffrey Schrier,
"to date more than 27,000 students from 23 states have made feathers for Wings
Of Witness. The feathers are made up of soda can tabs, each tab representing
one person who died in the holocaust. There are over nine million tabs,
representing both Jews and nonJews alike." I can't do justice to this project
in a simple email. Therefore, for more information, and to see the power of
this memorial, please visit http://www.wingsofwitness.org/

  The reason I am writing to you is because I am looking for the music, Piano
preferbly, to the song The Butterfly by Pavel Friedmann, January 7,
1921-September 29, 1944. May her/his? memory be for a blessing.

  Yonatan Koch

  Yonatan Koch is the (soon to be) author of "So What? I Learn Differently!"- A
First-person perspective on Learning Disabilities/ Learning Differences. Check
this project out at www.Ldwriter.com. To have him speak to your group or class
please email him at ykoch (at) Ldwriter(dot)com(dot) Thank You.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->