hanashir

[HANASHIR:14104] Re: Music Theory and "Lies My Music Teacher Told Me"

First of all, I'm not personally acquainted with any "ear training" software
programs.

I just read a book that, in my opinion, should be read by any music veteran
who wants to expand their musical understanding and improve their ear. The
book is called, "Lies My Music Teacher Told Me" by Gerald Eskelin. Stage 3
publishing Woodland Hills, Calif. I bought it used for about $8.00

Here is his bio: http://www.stage3music.com/consult/bio.html

and here is about the book:  http://www.stage3music.com/lies/lies.html

In 11 words: LEARN TO SING CHORDS, NOT MELODIES! AND DON'T USE A PIANO!

Gordon